Sunday, September 25, 2011

Be Genuine and Care


So I learned something this week. It has to do a lot with my belief in God and how that relationship effects how I interact with others. Now even though there may be some that read this that may not share my exact beliefs or even in God in general, there is a truth that is undeniable in how we relate with others.

The first thing is that pride can destroy healthy interaction with others. Now when I say pride it’s not like being proud of an accomplishment or proud of someone, but it’s when someone believes themselves to be better than others in any way shape or form. Usually people who think they are better never seem to have true friends or have difficulty finding friends at all. But I know that focusing on this isn’t what I intend, but neither do I want to ignore such an important point.

The idea that has given me the most peace and success in life is genuinely caring for everyone at least in the respect that they are someone.

Everyone has differing opinions about the people around them and even about themselves, but finding something inside of every person that you can be a lot easier than you think. And this is where my belief in God comes in.

Because I believe in God I understand that we are all God’s children. There is a love for mankind that emerges from this point of view. I also have the gift to see what people are capable of achieving. That’s also why I want to be a teacher.

In my opinion and beliefs, people are generally good. The reason I believe this is because most people you would find already have a basic idea of what is good and what is bad. Now, people who don’t always do good things aren’t bad people. Granted there are some exceptions like murderers, rapists, sociopaths or, generally speaking, those who don’t care about other people and do what they want.

I’m not perfect in describing all of the reasons that I believe this, but this I do know: when I genuinely care about people, in what they have to say, in what they do, what they endure or what they accomplish, I can feel the appreciation that comes from them because they knew that I meant it. That’s when my job becomes a little more manageable. Being in customer service and usually people just come and go and don’t really care about having a conversation or being helped. That’s all fine and dandy, but the memorable moments are the ones when someone thank you and means it.

I hope one day we could all see the good in people, being a Christian I believe it will one day happen.

All we have to do is: be genuine and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment